I just got this great email from Big Al’s Fortune Now newsletter.
He answers the age old question, “Should you lead with your product or service?”
Many times you can get more prospects for your opportunity by talking about your product or service.
Here is an example of this kind of conversation with a prospect:
“Can you help me? Do you know anyone who wants a discount on their telephone bill?”
The prospect can easily mention a few referrals for you. This is rejection-free, non-confrontational, and fun. And the best part is … your prospect might become a distributor once he realizes all the potential customers that he knows. This is one of the easiest ways to get lots of leads for your business. Here are some examples of questions that could be used for other products and services:
- “Do you know anyone who wants to lose weight without heavy exercising?”
- “Do you know anyone who feels tired in the morning?”
- “Do you know anyone frustrated with computer problems?”
- “Do you know anyone who could use more leads?”
- “Do you know anyone who wants a discount on their electric bill?”
- “Do you know any teenagers who want to get rid of their acne?”
Learning the right things to say is the skill that determines your prospecting success. Of course we don’t know word-for-word what to say when we join, but we can learn. (Join Big Al’s Fortune Now newsletter for more tips like these.)get free updates via email or RSS here.