My sister sent me this list. She was worried about gift cards at the holidays…
BUT it got me thinking… Look at all these people out of work.
Not just retail employees but also the managers and people who run the stores, run the districts, buy the products, create the artwork and sales materials, etc.
2. 117 stores nationwide closing
3. , Fashion Bug ,and Catherine’s to close 150 stores nationwide
4. Eddie Bauer to close stores 27 stores and more after . Cache will close all stores
6. Talbots closing down specialty stores
7. J. Jill closing all stores (owned by Talbots) (also owned
8. GAP closing 85 stores
9. Footlocker closing 140 stores more to close after .Wickes Furniture closing down
11. Levitz closing down remaining stores
12. Bombay closing remaining stores
13. Zales closing down 82 stores and 105 after . Whitehall closing all stores
15. Piercing Pagoda closing all stores
16. Disney closing 98 stores and will close more after . Home Depot closing 15 stores 1 in NJ ( New Brunswick )
18. Macys to close 9 stores after . Linens and Things closing all stores
20. Movie Galley Closing all stores
21. Pep Boys Closing 33 stores
22. Sprint/Nextel closing 133 stores
23. JC Penney closing a number of stores after . Ethan Allen closing down 12 stores.
25. Wilson Leather closing down all stores
26. Sharper Image closing down all stores
27. K B Toys closing 356 stores
28. Lowes to close down some stores
29. Dillard’s to close some stores
I just heard today that Bitten is also closing all stores.
How could you reach out to these people? Could you advertise for them? Could you go to facebook or other social networking sites and look for disenfranchised employees?
How can you use the economic downturn to help you grow your business AND help these people who need to replace their income?
- Ben FittsIf you enjoyed this post get free updates via email or RSS here.