Do you want More Customer Referrals?
We all would like more referrals for our business.
We all would love to make more sales from our existing client base.
It should be easier to get a referral than to find a brand new customer, right?
Statistics show it usually costs less to get a new customer than to get a referral or make a repeat sale to an existing customer.
How come most people stink at getting more customer referrals?
One of the simplest and most important strategies to remember for getting customer referrals is this:
TOMA = Top of Mind Awareness
- How often do you communicate with your customers/clients?
- Did you send them a thank you?
- Have you followed up with them in the last month?
- In the last 3 months?
- In the last year?
- If I called your clients and asked them who you were, would they know you? Would they know how to get in touch with you? Would they know your phone number? Would they know what office you work in? Would they have your email address?
When we talk about TOMA marketing…. What we mean is ”top of mind awareness“.
This means that when a customer has an opportunity to give us a referral we are the first person they think of.
If they are at a party or a summer BBQ and they are talking to their friends… Their friend may mention something which would be an open invitation for a referral, but….
- Do they think of you?
- Do they remember your name?
- Do they have your business card in their wallet?
- Do they have your phone number in their cell phone?
- Do they know your web address or email address off the top of their head?
If they can’t remember you, how can they give you a referral!
This is why TOMA or Top of Mind Awareness is so important. Simply by helping your clients remember you they can give you more referrals.
If you’d like to know more about how to get more customer referrals join me for a webinar tonight (Wednesday May 4th at 9 PM Eastern / 6 PM Pacific). I’m going to be covering 14 strategies for getting more referrals.
If you miss it, you can still register at the link above. That way you can be notified about our next webinar. I will be repeating this webinar again at a future date.
See you on the webinar tonight,
If you enjoyed this post get free updates via email or RSS here.